Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raeford North Carolina!

Moms note: I pieced this letter together fromm about a dozen one line emails he sent.  He writes emails like he was on twitter.
 
Yesterday we where picked up by the Mission President and taking to the mission office, where they told us a lot of stuff.
 
Then we went to the Mission home, had interviews and dinner. Then I spent about 2.5 hours in a car dropping off Elder Stephens and then myself. I spent the night with some Spanish Missionaries, they were very nice. Then we met with Elder McNaughton. We went to Walmart to buy food, then we went to a Literacy Center where we are now using computers.  And we are using windows XP :)
 
I am serving in the Hope Hills Second Ward.  My companion is Elder McNaughton, he is from Utah.  He has been on his mission about 8 months. (He is not a visa waiter)

My camera is out of charge so I am having a hard time getting the pictures off of it. I forgot the USB, so you shall have to wait for next week.

We live next door to the missionaries for the Spanish speaking branch.  One was from Mexico another from the States. The apartment has a washer & dryer and air-conditioning.  

The apartment address is:
146 Crumpler Dr.  Raeford, NC 28376   
We are apartment #2 the Spanish Missionaries are in apartment #3.
We are about 1 hour 40 min away from the mission home.

We saw paratroopers jump out of airplanes today(Moms note: He lives near Fort Bragg)

This Friday I think we get to go to the Raleigh Temple.

Nolan 





1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear about his first day. I'm enjoying this blog. Thanks for your hard work Janel.

    ReplyDelete