Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Feliz Novo Ano!

Our Church Schedule moved from 8:30 am to 9 am. Elder Capaletti has been attending our ward for the last 3 weeks for the holidays. He is a super cool guy. He played Futbol with us last P-Day. He played well.

No, you did not already tell me that Isaac Malstrom was called to Jackson Mississippi. They have really good food there. It's also SUPER Southern'. 
There amount of freedom that you have depends on your Mission President. The Senior missionaries are pretty free to do what they want. They can skype and have iPads and go to the movies and stuff. I think leaving the mission boundaries for anyone is a BIG no-no, including President. 

Getting people to Church is one of the hardest thing in the world. It's like pulling teeth. But when the people come to Church, more then one time, they normally are elect. 

Yeah you can make cleaning appointment and Dr. Dan appointments. Late July would be good for the de-worming. Because I am going to probably eat lots of tasty things when I get home. If I have worms with me for the banquet I might not get as fat as fast. If you know what I mean. Not that I have any plans to be fat again. 

Elder Giesler already engaged? I am 100 percent sure I will not get married that fast.

 For New Years we went to a members house and ate BBQ and drank CocaCola, Then everybody in Brasil lit fireworks. Super noisy. New years day we went bowling with all of the missionaries in Cuiabá and Várzea Grande.

I have never made rice and beans. It is a bit different here then the united states. Here the beans come in a bag and you have to make them in a Pressure Pan. I am pretty sure they done have canned beans here. There are a couple different kind of beans. I don't know how to explain in English.  
The rice is "fried"/cooked in a pot. I have not seen a rice cooker here. 

Oh, I made the Brownies. First I ate a lot of brownie batter, until I got full. Then I baked them. I was really afraid, because the ovens here are "different". But there turned out perfectly.  I even shared a little bit.

My First Companion Elder Mc Naughton, goes home next week. That's really weird for me.

That's all I have time to write for this week 

Do your home and visiting teaching!
Love, Elder Gibb

No comments:

Post a Comment